Monday, February 27, 2012

Book Review: Blueberry Muffin Murder

Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3)Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Hannah Swenson finds herself displaced when famous cookbook author Connie Mac is found murdered in the pantry of her shop, The Cookie Jar. Though Mike (one of the two men she's "dating" and her brother-in-law's partner at the sheriff's department) has warned her to stay out of it she can't just sit around and wait for them to catch the killer.
When she and her sister Andrea start digging into Connie Mac's affairs they find Connie Mac was not a very likable person and their list of suspects grows faster than they can eliminate them.
On a more personal note, both of the men in Hannah's life seem to be okay with knowing she's dating the other, but they also both seem to step their game up a little. Hannah's not sure what to make of things when they all sit down to dinner though... I'm not sure I do either...

Don't let my consistent 3 stars rating fool you, I am enjoying this series. I like the characters and the stories are interesting enough. There's just nothing big and spectacular happening. Hannah keeps finding bodies in this small town, which is kind of weird. Sounds like Lake Eden has the largest number of homicides to population ratio I've ever heard of. Her love life doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Business is doing well at the cookie shop. There are funny moments, but none that make me laugh out loud. I don't know... it seems like the books just kind of carry you.
Like I said though, I do like them. They just don't seem to be my favorite. They're kind of simple. I'll continue reading. Hopefully one of these guys steps things up a bit and we can see some progress or see the dynamic between the characters change a bit.

View all my reviews


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment