We've been looking to revamp our dinner menu selections, to get some new "go to recipes", so this week I thought I'd try one of the many I've pinned on Pinterest. I wanted something quick and easy for a homework night and decided to go with this Betty Crocker 4 Ingredient Pizza Bake recipe. The 4 ingredients were good, but you could really do so much more with it!
- 2 pouches (7.5 oz each) Bisquick Complete buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 package (5-8 oz) sliced pepperonis
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- sausage crumbles
- diced onions
- sliced mushrooms
- sliced olives
- diced jalapenos
- sliced banana peppers
- diced green peppers
- fresh basil and other Italian herbs
- bacon crumbles
- and the list goes on and on!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and grease a 13x9 in. casserole dish
- Mix the biscuit dough as directed on pouch into a medium bowl (add water and mix until soft dough forms). Split the dough in half, and drop the first half into the baking dish evenly by spoonfuls (the dough will not completely cover the bottom of the dish)
- Drizzle about 1 cup of the pizza sauce evenly over the dough in the dish. Arrange half of the pepperoni slices evenly over the dough and sauce
- This is where you could also add any of your optional ingredients
- Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese
- Repeat the previous layers with the remaining ingredients
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into squares to serve
Since this was a new recipe we just went with the basic 4 ingredients to test it out. It was delicious just the way it was, but the hubs and I came up with endless possibilities on things we could have added to make it even better!
It kind of reminded us of a Chicago deep dish style pizza, which we really liked.
It took about 15 minutes to make (but I kept getting distracted with the kids), and we baked for the full 25 minutes in our oven. I was looking for easy, and boy did I get it! It was simple to put together and there weren't a whole lot of pots and pans to clean up.
Everyone went back for seconds and the hubs and I each had enough for lunch today. This is one we'll definitely be making again!
Leave me a comment and tell me how you'd make your pizza bake :-)
This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.