Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Book Review: 24/7

24/724/7 by Jim Brown

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


24/7 is a new reality show, much like the current 'Survivor', but on a much grander scale. The contestants are to be on the deserted, some think cursed, Vassa Island, which happens to have the single most powerful communications tower in the world. The show will broadcast their every move. Not only are they over 600 cameras on the island, but each contestant is fitted with a collar cam. The prize for enduring the public eye as they compete in challenges to face their biggest fears? Two million dollars and your heart's desire.
For single mom Dana Kirsten that means her daughter Jenna can join the hopefully life-saving trial in Switzerland to treat her muscular dystrophy.
Things go terribly wrong the moment the show begins. The stakes have jumped considerably. The contestants are now fighting for their lives.

When I read my Goodreads friend Justin's review of this book, I immediately went in search of it. His review made me think 'Hunger Games' with adults. FYI, there is no Kindle or e-reader version of the book, so I hit up my local library.
The story starts off with a bang and builds momentum from there. Its fast pace kept me turning the pages. Like Justin, I never could find a good place to stop. The twists and turns kept me guessing til the end.
While it wasn't as much like 'The Hunger Games' as I'd been expecting, it was still definitely worth the read. Thanks for recommending, Justin!


View all my reviews

This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment