Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book Review: Kill Alex Cross

Kill Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #18)Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The president's children have been kidnapped and Alex Cross is personally invited onto the team despite some FBI folks trying to keep him on the sidelines. This seems like a very personal attack on the president himself but other government officials are finding themselves in danger as well. Are the Saudis planning these attacks responsible for the kidnapping, too?

Meanwhile, back at the Cross residence, Nana Mama is attacked by a young girl on the streets and decides to take her in. What will this do to the Cross family dynamic?

Okay, sorry there's not much more to that review, but that's really all I could give it. For some reason, this book just didn't appeal to me like the rest of the series. The wait list at the library for this book was incredibly long, so I also added myself to the wait list for the audio file. The audio came up first, so I took it. Maybe that's where the problem lies? I don't see why it should matter though. But for whatever reason, I just couldn't get into this one. I'm not sure what was missing exactly though. Maybe not enough action. Not enough time in the mind of the killer. Something just wasn't there...

If you're a fan of the series, like I am, I'd say go ahead and read it, just in case events of this book have anything to do with the next. But if you're just now coming into the series, I definitely don't think you should start with this one. Especially not since there are several references to a previous case to which you'd have no idea what they meant.
I don't know... just proceed with caution.


View all my reviews


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment