Friday, February 24, 2012

5 Question Friday

If you're here from My Little Life for 5Q Friday, welcome! Glad you're here. Feel free to check things out, but be forewarned, this is a new one, so not much is going on just yet. I'll get there someday... Anyway, on to my answers...



 


1. What's your favorite way to spend down time (alone or with a significant other)? Should I happen to have some down time while alone I usually find myself reading or catching up on my shows on the DVR. And depending on how much of this time there is, it's likely I might try to catch a nap as well. I know some people can't just nap, but I find it pretty easy and rather enjoyable :-) Downtime with the hubby is also a nice treat. Though when we have down time we usually find ourselves looking for something to do, lol. Dining out, catching a movie, things like that. If going out doesn't appeal to us we're probably snuggled up watching TV or a recent Redbox release. Nothing too exciting, but it works for me :-)
2. Are you the kind of person that wants things more as soon as you know you can't have it? I guess it would depend on what it is, but in most cases I guess I learn to let go. Why antagonize myself, ya know? I guess there is one thing this may not always apply to though... Sometimes I get these wild hankerings for a certain food, whether it's a restaurant specific order of seasoned french fries, a side of perfectly smoked asparagus I've only ever experienced in Centreville, VA, or a specific flavor or Sour Straws candy... that craving isn't likely to go away unless I feed the beast. So, in those instances, yes, I definitely want it more, more, more if I can't have it right away :-)
3. If you were given $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? First things first- new tennis shoes. As much as I've said I despise the thought of spending the money for a good pair when I usually hate the confinement of tennis shoes, I can really tell the shoes I have now are just not cutting it in the gym. No, this wouldn't take up the whole $1000, but I'd be sure to head to a runner's shop and get fitted for a good pair. So, I can imagine that would cost me.
After the shoes, assuming someone was really monitoring to make sure I spent the money on myself because as a mama it's so easy to forget and dote it all on your loved ones. But if someone did enforce the rule I'd probably put some moolah in my Amazon account next to save for a rainy day book or to have on hand when a new release comes out that I just can't wait for.
After that I'd probably try to pad my wardrobe a little. I've recently decided to ditch half the crap that's in my closet. You know, the stuff I haven't worn in forever, or have worn knowing I shouldn't (whether it's ill-fitting yet comfy, out of season, out of style or whatever), or the stuff I'm hanging on to thinking I'll eventually wear it again. That's right, as soon as I can make the time, it's all gone! Then, I'm going to build a nice wardrobe for myself. Some "me money" would definitely help with that :-)

4. Do you ever go out to eat by yourself? I'm certainly not against it. I've gone to lunch by myself on a few occasions, and not just fast food. Of course, going with loved ones and friends is certainly a favored experience, but I don't mind alone time. I was never one of those girls with a bathroom buddy, not that there's anything wrong with them... but I hope to teach my daughter to me independent as well. Let her know that it's okay to do things on her own. To cherish her girlfriends, but to be strong enough on her. Hmm... what was the question again?

5. What company would you want to do a blog review for? Oohh... that's a tough one... Maybe Nike, Adidas, Reebok... did I mention I was in the market for some new shoes and that I have little to no experience with them? I'd love to review a pair and get to know a little more about the difference in the types o athletic shoes and the importance of the right pair of shoes when working out. And I wouldn't be picky to the big names, like I said I'm just not familiar... which means others may not be either, so I'd be doing us all a favor :-)
This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment