Friday, April 27, 2012

5 Question Friday

Morning, Ya'll! I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely beat! On top of having an emotional roller coaster of a day yesterday (good news with my weight-loss, followed by a disturbing altercation with a daycare teacher that afternoon), I also push mowed the yard, went to the gym, and then, because everyone has been saying how good Grey's and Private Practice have been lately, when I got home from the gym last night I tried to get caught up on at least on of them on the DVR (to no avail, I might add). So, I guess it's my own darn fault I'm draggin' butt this morning.

Without further ado, on with the post! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you like what you see enough to come back again *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

 

1. Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates? Sometimes. It depends on what we're having, when the last time we've eaten, how much I gave them to begin with. Oh, and what's on the tv. If they are genuinely full before they've cleaned their plates, hey, no biggie. I don't want to encourage over-eating. But, if the newest iCarly is on tv and she's squirming to get back to it... as mean as it sounds, DD has to finish every last bite regardless of the pleas of her "straining top button." I just don't buy it...

2. Do you give allowance? My chit-lins are only 7 (wow, I only get to say that for 9 more days) and 3, which I think is a little too young for allowances. Not to mention, I'm not sure we will give them an allowance in the conventional sense when they're old enough anyway. Something the hubs and I have to talk about, I guess.

3. Do you actually park your car in the garage? Garage? What garage??

4. What is one food you will NEVER cook? Fish. Or seafood of any kind really. I don't like the stuff, so I have absolutely no idea how to cook it. Not to mention it smells. I couldn't have that stuff smelling up my house for hours at a time. Uh Unh. When the hubs wants fish, we eat out. That's the rule. Silly, maybe. But it works for us.

5. Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer? Actually, we are in the midst of planning a vacation to Outer Banks, NC with the fam. Our little foursome, my mother & father-in-law, and my brother & sister-in-law. I cannot wait, as you can imagine. My daughter hasn't been to the beach since she was 2, and my son has never been. So yeah, i'm pretty excited about our Summer plans this year :-)

Has anyone been there before? I'm looking for recommendations for places to go, see, and eat!


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to the outer banks but I hear they're beautiful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete