Monday, April 23, 2012

Make My Morning Blog Hop

Good Morning and welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. So far I'm not taking up too much room, but maybe one day that will change. For now, I'm so glad you've decided to stop by! This is my first time participating in the blog hop hosted by the amazing Jeannette of The Adventures of J-Man and MillerBug, Lisa of Mompreneur Mogul and Jen of Life With Levi!  If you're new here, and let's face it, I think it's safe to say most of you will be :-) let me tell you all little about me and what I've got going on here...

I'm Bird, a twenty something mother of two. I work full time outside of the home and am aspiring to make some changes in my life in my "down time". Making those changes happen has been a challenge, but I'm up for it! A big one I've mainly been focusing on lately is changing my body. I've been hitting the gym for the past 11 weeks and have lost 11 pounds so far. The gym, while difficult on some days, has proven to be a lot easier than changing my diet... but hey, I'm working on it.

Another one of those changes I'm attempting... to be a better wife and mother. I don't know anyone who isn't always working toward this, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway. Pinterest has apparently lit a fire under my behind though... What all these amazing women are doing all the time for their families- wonderful home cooked meals, amazing parties, fun activities for the kids. It makes me feel as though I've been skating by. No more! I'm sharing my Pinterest inspired moments of better motherhood here with you all... or whomever should stumble upon my little corner over here...

Anyway, that's enough about that for now. Hopefully you'll come back again to see what's really going on around here anyway.




The question today was "What Makes Your Morning?"

Of course a new comment or follower would make my morning, so feel free :-)

But what really does it for me, I mean really puts me a good mood... those two aforementioned kiddos cooperating with me in the mornings. The hubster is working out of town right now, so he's up and out long before the sun rises- or me and the kids for that matter. My daughter, not a morning person. My son, well, he's going through a bit of a defiant stage. He wants to move at his own pace. Set his own rules.

This Mama Bird is just a bit too busy for all that.

So, when they cooperate - when they wake up with minimal to no attitude - when they don't need prodding through their entire morning routine - when they are the well-behaved children I know they can be - and when I make it to work on time because they were on their game- that truly makes my morning.

Today was one of those mornings. I'm on top of the world as we speak :-)

Well, I'm off to visit a few new blogs. I hope to see some new faces around these parts, too. Have a great day everyone :-)


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Fun I get to be your new comment :) I'm so glad you stopped by make sure to be a regular ;) I'm hosting every Monday Morning :) And You can Be a a part have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete