Monday, April 9, 2012

Book Review: Lemon Meringue Pie Murder

Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4)Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Hannah Swenson's dentist friend, Norman, bought a house which he plans to tear down in order to build he and Hannah's "dream house" on the land. Before demolition can begin though there's a body found in the basement.

Hannah swears she's not going to get involved this time, but it seems all her friends and family want her on the case. They all seems to be personally vested and want her help. Mike doesn't seem too upset by it this time (maybe because he's too worried about Norman and this dream house), so she decides it can't hurt to look into things.


I really do enjoy this series, but they're not books that I find myself wanting to tell all my friends about. I don't know if it's because compared to the other two series of the lady sleuths I've been reading, this one just isn't as exciting and laugh out loud funny or what, but again, I do enjoy them. Though all the pieces didn't come together until the end, I kind of had a feeling early on who might be involved. Fluke keeps the story entertaining though, so it didn't bother me that the suspect was a little predictable. All in all it was a good read.

View all my reviews

This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment