Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bumping It Up a Notch

Whew! I've been busy at the gym! I'm hoping it shows Thursday when I weigh in... I'm normally at the gym anywhere from an hour to two and a half hours depending on what I'm doing. And some of that two and half hours is tanning and sitting in the massage chair, don't let me fool you...

Saturday though, I spent four hours at the gym!! I had taken a pretty long nap with my kiddos earlier in the day, so when I made it to the gym around 10:30pm I was amped up and ready to go. I did my trainer workout, rocked it out on the arc trainer for an extra 30 minutes, and since it was so empty in there, tried out some other machines I hadn't done before or are usually too busy. I don't know what it was, but I just kept going, and going, and going. It felt great though!

Especially the gym's new hydro massage beds. Talk about relaxing! I could definitely get used to those...

Anyway, I think I mentioned in last week's accountability post that I had had strep throat again and had taken the week before off from the gym. I decided to do one more week of 4 reps in my exercise regimen instead of bumping it up to 5 times like I was supposed to have. I just wanted to make sure I was ready for it, especially after having had a whole week off. That was last week, and yesterday started a new week...

So, I made the bump up to 5 reps yesterday. I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was surprised at how easily I was making it through the first few reps compared to when I started. I'm even feeling pretty confident in the Squat/Curl/Press that I won't drop the weights on my head... that is until this 5th rep. Again, not as bad as I was expecting. Since I had usually been so tired by the 4th rep, I was expecting to be ready to give out during the 5th, but I made it.

And boy did I feel good afterward! I'll be back tonight with bells on... well, maybe not bells, but a smile on my face for sure!

Scale, watch out for me Thursday!


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment