Thursday, May 10, 2012

Accountability: Week 14

Bathroom Scale Clip Art
via

Starting weight:   172 lbs.
Previous weight:  160 lbs. 
           Current weight:    159 lbs.            
Weight +/-:          -1         
Total weight loss: -13         
Short term goal:   150 lbs.
Goal weight:        145 lbs.

Sorry to have not been seen or heard from in over a week... Last week was pretty rough. I was busy, busy, busy planning my daughter's 8th birthday, and came down with Strep, again. She and I have each had it twice in 5 weeks time. It's getting to be a bit ridiculous really. Anyway, as busy as I was, and as lousy as I felt, I decided to forgo the gym for a week (a few days over a week) and try to get to feeling better.

As you can imagine, that didn't help me on the scale any. When I weighed in last week I had stayed the same. I guess it didn't really hurt me either, but after coming down from my high of hitting my first short-term goal the week before, it kind of sucked to see. Anyway, I'm back at this week and today's weigh in showed results, another pound gone! That's what I was hoping for!

I have to say though, I missed the gym. I missed that me time. I missed feeling like I was making progress. Going from frequent flyer to lazy bum wasn't as great as it sounds. Especially when it came time to head back to the gym. It was like my first workout all over again. I had just gotten to where I wasn't so afraid of dropping the dumbbell on my head and was supposed to move to 5 repetitions, and then slacked off... well, the fear was back. It's a wonder I don't have a dent in my forehead right now. Hopefully tonight goes better. Though, if my legs are any indicator, it's going to be a tough one.

Oh! In case you're wondering, the party went off without a hitch. I didn't get to do all of my Pinterest inspired projects, but I did manage a few. As soon as I get the photos uploaded I'll be posting some of them here.

See you on the flip side!


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment